Friday, April 24, 2009

It's 80 degrees!

Nice weather outside. Maybe that means I should leave my dorm.

Celtics 107, Bulls 86
Missed most of this game as I was actually in the gym playing basketball. Checked the score at halftime on my phone, and I obviously didn't miss much. The Bulls didn't have anyone on fire (Rose in Game 1, Gordon in Game 2) and they got thumped because of it. I feared that Chicago wouldn't be able to compete without monster performances, and I might have been right. Paul Pierce seems to have come back alive, which doesn't bode well for the Bulls either. I'm rooting heavily for the Celtics (KG!) but the Bulls need to play with some pride at home. This has the potential of an amazing series, don't let us down now Chicago. Then again, you're still relying on Tyrus Thomas...

Mavericks 88, Spurs 67
No NBATv and that streaming website that carries my name sake wasn't being very friendly to my computer last night. Even without seeing the game, I don't think the Spurs are going to win this series. They have been that overlooked underdog for so long, I think they are actually starting to get too much credit. Even though Parker is playing like the 2nd best PG in the league (Sorry Deron), Duncan is a step slower and the Spurs are a year older. Not having Ginobili really hurts this team, I think it will be too much to overcome. They had 49 points a couple of minutes into the 4th quarter. You won't win games like that.

Plus Dallas has underachieved for so long, it's about time they overachieve. Right?

Jazz 88, Lakers 86
It took Kobe going 5 for 24 just for the Jazz to squeak out a victory at the end of the game. That doesn't bode well for the Jazz, but at least they aren't going to get swept. This was a pretty good game. Jazz came out beasting early, mainly because Carlos Boozer had something like 9 points and 11 rebounds in the first quarter. Then the Lakers take the lead, get up about 12, and the Jazz start storming back thanks to their role players. Even Brewer hit a couple of jumpers. They traded leads a couple of times, Boozer and Gasol traded clutch dunks down the stretch. But the game winner came when Deron Williams isolated at the top of the key, drove to the lane, and hit a nice little fall away jumper with 2 seconds to go. Not even the great Kobe could save them. Then again, he couldn't hit anything.

I don't think I made enough of Boozer's performance. This guy would have had a solid NBA game if he didn't see the court after the 1st quarter. Then he goes and finishes the game with 23 points, 22 rebounds? Monstrous. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like him in Detroit next season, but I don't think it's the smartest thing for him to opt out in this financial market. Time will tell.

The Pistons "play" today. Watch them get blown out at home at 7pm on ESPN. WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment